EEC 128 Telecommunication Engineerin (I) Pdf Download
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Week1: Introduction to communication systems
Week2: Elements of a communication systems
Week3: Types of transducers
Week4: Types of microphones
Week6: Amplitude modulation
Week7: Frequency Modulation
Week8: Amplitude modulator
Week9: Frequency Modulators
Week10: Amplitude Demodulators
Week11: Frequency demodulator
Week12: Tuned radio receiver
Week13: Superherodyne Receiver
Week14: AM Superherodyne Receiver
Week15: FM Receiver
EEC 128 CHAPTER 1
Principles of Communication Week 1
1.1 Introduction to communication systems
Communication is the transmission of information /message from one point to
another. Communication enters our lives in many ways:
– Telephone – makes us talk to any person anywhere.
– Radio and television – entertain and educate.
– Communication signals as navigational aids – ships, aircrafts and satellites.
– Weather forecasting – conditions measured by a multitude of sensors are communicated to forecasters.
– Videophones, voicemail and satellite conferencing – enable seeing live images
instantly and communicate directly with people located far away.
– Digital data transmission and retrieval – has made realization of e-mail, FAX and internet possible.
We communicate through speech. In modern communication systems, the
information is first converted into electrical signals and then sent electronically.
Two persons talking to each other constitute the simplest communication system. The
person who speaks is the source, the person listening is the receiver and the intervening
air is the communication link between them. A communication system consists of three
– Transmitter (source)
– Communication channel (link – medium)
Nature/details of these components depend on:
1. Nature of the signal/ message to be communicated.
2. Distance which separates the source and the receiver.
Direct talking is possible over short distances – sound waves attenuate fast. Long
distance communication requires the signal/message to be converted into an electrical
signal/a set of signals /electromagnetic waves.
– Long distance communication requires a link between the source and the
TO GET THE COMPLETE EEC 128 PDF, IT WILL COST YOU N1000 ONLY
waaec 20219 months ago
Waec 2021 Agric Science Practical Question & Answers Expo
Trending now2 years ago
WAEC Timetable 2021 August/September Exam – Verified
Waec Runz2 years ago
WAEC Physics Obj & Theory Questions & Answers – 2021 May/June Exam
Exam updates2 weeks ago
BUK cut off mark for all courses 2021